jack_lsp and mpg123

inittab inittab
Hi having a little problem, i've been reading on forums that if i run jackd, then open xmms and do a jack_lsp 2 entries for xmms should show up. this does not happen but i found a xmms plugin that lets me select jackd as a output itself. this works fine.

But what im looking for is a way to do this with mpg123 also. Is there anyway i can get these 2 lines to show up with mpg123?

Re: jack_lsp and mpg123

Florian Paul Schmidt-2
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:28:37 -0400
inittab inittab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi having a little problem, i've been reading on forums that if i run jackd,
> then open xmms and do a jack_lsp 2 entries for xmms should show up. this
> does not happen but i found a xmms plugin that lets me select jackd as a
> output itself. this works fine.
>
> But what im looking for is a way to do this with mpg123 also. Is there
> anyway i can get these 2 lines to show up with mpg123?

I had some success in getting aplay to play through the jack pcm plugin.
Add this to your .asoundrc:

pcm.jackplug {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "jack" }
}

pcm.jack {
    type jack
    playback_ports {
        0 alsa_pcm:playback_1
        1 alsa_pcm:playback_2
    }
                        capture_ports {
           0 alsa_pcm:capture_1
                                         1 alsa_pcm:capture_2
                }
}

then you can run aplay like

aplay -D jackplug foo.wav

and it should connect to jack.

I tried the same with

mpg123 -a alsa -o jackplug foo.mp3

No go. It simply uses some alsa device, but not jackplug. This
workaround works though:

mpg123 foo.mp3 -w - | aplay -D jackplug

Ah, you need to have the alsa pcm jack plugin installed for this to
work. In debian it's in the libasound2-plugins package.

Have fun,
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!