jack midi through net?

Romain Bossart-2
Hi,

I would like to connect via udp 2 jack instances to transmit
midi data (a kind of jackmidi.udp would be perfect).
I saw that jack.clock exists, but I have not really
understood if it fits my goal.

Could someone help me?

Thank you

Romain

Re: jack midi through net?

Romain Bossart-2
Hello,

jack.clock publishes the transport state, so it is not what
I'm looking for. Should I develop this app? I'm not a pro
developper, and it would be my first 'audio app', but I'm
willing to try.

Could someone give me advices? Would it be a good idea
to merge add jack support to multimidicast
(http://llg.cubic.org/tools/multimidicast/)?

Romain

Romain Bossart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to connect via udp 2 jack instances to transmit
> midi data (a kind of jackmidi.udp would be perfect).
> I saw that jack.clock exists, but I have not really
> understood if it fits my goal.
>
> Could someone help me?
>
> Thank you
>
> Romain

Re: jack midi through net?

Dmitry Baikov
On 10/2/07, Romain Bossart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I would like to connect via udp 2 jack instances to transmit
> > midi data (a kind of jackmidi.udp would be perfect).

Then, I think, it would be great to extend netjack.

Dmitry.

Re: jack midi through net?

Romain Bossart-2
Ok Dmitry, let's go netjack. I am going to investigate this.
I'll keep in touch.

Bye

Romain