jack opens m-audio 1010lt at wrong sample speed

jack opens m-audio 1010lt at wrong sample speed

Uttiya Chowdhury-2
Hi all,
I had this problem once before, but it went away as I moved to newer versions of jack, but now it is back with 0.103.0.

I have some old recorded wav files at 96kHz sample rate, but now when I try to play them through ecasound through jack, they play at half-speed (play really slowly so that all pitches are shifted to lower frequency). If I play them simply by aplay, they play fine. Any help?

System is:
intel core2dua (amd64)
gentoo linux
kernel 2.6
alsa
m-audio 1010lt

jack is started as:

jackd -R -d alsa -r 96000

Thanks.

Re: jack opens m-audio 1010lt at wrong sample speed

John Rigg-3
On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 11:06:13AM -0800, Uttiya Chowdhury wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I had this problem once before, but it went away as I moved to newer versions of jack, but now it is back with 0.103.0.
>
>   I have some old recorded wav files at 96kHz sample rate, but now when I try to play them through ecasound through jack, they play at half-speed (play really slowly so that all pitches are shifted to lower frequency). If I play them simply by aplay, they play fine. Any help?
>
>   System is:
>   intel core2dua (amd64)
>   gentoo linux
>   kernel 2.6
>   alsa
>   m-audio 1010lt
>
>   jack is started as:
>
>   jackd -R -d alsa -r 96000

Try:
jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 96000   (assuming your sound card is hw:0)

Recent versions of alsa use dplug instead of hw:0 by default.

John

Re: jack opens m-audio 1010lt at wrong sample speed

Daniel James-2
Hi Uttiya, hi John

> Try:
> jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 96000   (assuming your sound card is hw:0)
>
> Recent versions of alsa use dplug instead of hw:0 by default.

You should also run envy24control and make sure that the sample rate is
not set to 'locked' in the Hardware Settings tab. That caught me out the
first time I tried to record at 96000Hz using a Delta 1010, because the
card was locked to 48000Hz.

Cheers!

Daniel