jack_port_set_name() crashes qjackctl

Jonatan Liljedahl

I'm using jackd 0.107.5 (from svn) and qjackctl 0.3.1a, and whenever I
use jack_port_set_name() this happens:
- the new name is not reflected in qjackctl's connection patchbay
- if I press "refresh" or close the patchbay, qjackctl crashes
- if the patchbay was not open, it crashes when I open it.
- jackd is still running, so restarting qjackctl and opening the
patchbay shows the right names, and does not crash.

Is this a bug in qjackctl, jackd, or my app?

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]

Re: jack_port_set_name() crashes qjackctl

Rui Nuno Capela
Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:

> I'm using jackd 0.107.5 (from svn) and qjackctl 0.3.1a, and whenever I
> use jack_port_set_name() this happens:
> - the new name is not reflected in qjackctl's connection patchbay
> - if I press "refresh" or close the patchbay, qjackctl crashes
> - if the patchbay was not open, it crashes when I open it.
> - jackd is still running, so restarting qjackctl and opening the
> patchbay shows the right names, and does not crash.
>
> Is this a bug in qjackctl, jackd, or my app?

probably a qjackctl bug which was not designed to have jack port names
changed on the fly (although its fine with alsa sequencer ones:)

a gdb qjackctl backtrace of the crash would be interesting

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
>> I'm using jackd 0.107.5 (from svn) and qjackctl 0.3.1a, and whenever I
>> use jack_port_set_name() this happens:
>> - the new name is not reflected in qjackctl's connection patchbay
>> - if I press "refresh" or close the patchbay, qjackctl crashes
>> - if the patchbay was not open, it crashes when I open it.
>> - jackd is still running, so restarting qjackctl and opening the
>> patchbay shows the right names, and does not crash.
>>
>> Is this a bug in qjackctl, jackd, or my app?
>>

> probably a qjackctl bug which was not designed to have jack port names
> changed on the fly (although its fine with alsa sequencer ones:)
>
> a gdb qjackctl backtrace of the crash would be interesting

just forgot to recommend on trying that with qjackctl from cvs head,
which has some subtle changes that might be of concern

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela