jack protocol mismatch

altern-4
hi

when I try to run XMMS with jack driver I am getting this error
JACK protocol mismatch (16 vs 22)

this is my setup :
Ubuntu Studio with kernel 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP
jackd version 0.109.0 tempdir /dev/shm protocol 22
jack driver 0.19
xmms 1.2.11

I compiled jack from source and I can see that the old jack is still
there. If i do $locate libjack

i can see the previous installation as well as the fresh new one

/usr/lib/libjack0.100.0
/usr/lib/libjack.so.0.0.23
/usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0
/usr/lib/libjack.a
/usr/lib/libjack.so
/usr/lib/libjack.so.0
/usr/lib/libjack.la
/usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0.0.28
/usr/local/lib/libjack.so
/usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0
/usr/local/lib/libjack.la

I have compiled both xmms and jack driver from latest sources. I guess I
need to do something so that jack driver uses the right version of
libjack, but I am not sure if this is the solution or how to do it.

any hints?

many thanks!

enrike

Re: jack protocol mismatch

lars.luthman (Bugzilla)

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 11:38 +0100, altern wrote:

> hi
>
> when I try to run XMMS with jack driver I am getting this error
> JACK protocol mismatch (16 vs 22)
>
> this is my setup :
> Ubuntu Studio with kernel 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP
> jackd version 0.109.0 tempdir /dev/shm protocol 22
> jack driver 0.19
> xmms 1.2.11
>
> I compiled jack from source and I can see that the old jack is still
> there. If i do $locate libjack
>
> i can see the previous installation as well as the fresh new one
>
> /usr/lib/libjack0.100.0
> /usr/lib/libjack.so.0.0.23
> /usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0
> /usr/lib/libjack.a
> /usr/lib/libjack.so
> /usr/lib/libjack.so.0
> /usr/lib/libjack.la
> /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0.0.28
> /usr/local/lib/libjack.so
> /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0
> /usr/local/lib/libjack.la
>
> I have compiled both xmms and jack driver from latest sources. I guess I
> need to do something so that jack driver uses the right version of
> libjack, but I am not sure if this is the solution or how to do it.
Having multiple versions of jack installed is a very bad idea. One
possible way to solve this would be to remove all files and links
starting with /usr/lib/libjack* and /usr/local/lib/libjack* and
re-install JACK from source. If that breaks existing packaged JACK
clients you may have to check what libjack soname they link to (using
ldd) and create links for that soname pointing to the actual library
files.

--ll

Re: jack protocol mismatch

altern-4

>> when I try to run XMMS with jack driver I am getting this error
>> JACK protocol mismatch (16 vs 22)
>>
>> this is my setup :
>> Ubuntu Studio with kernel 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP
>> jackd version 0.109.0 tempdir /dev/shm protocol 22
>> jack driver 0.19
>> xmms 1.2.11
>>
>> I compiled jack from source and I can see that the old jack is still
>> there. If i do $locate libjack
>>
>> i can see the previous installation as well as the fresh new one
>>
>> /usr/lib/libjack0.100.0
>> /usr/lib/libjack.so.0.0.23
>> /usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0
>> /usr/lib/libjack.a
>> /usr/lib/libjack.so
>> /usr/lib/libjack.so.0
>> /usr/lib/libjack.la
>> /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0.0.28
>> /usr/local/lib/libjack.so
>> /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0
>> /usr/local/lib/libjack.la
>>
>> I have compiled both xmms and jack driver from latest sources. I guess I
>> need to do something so that jack driver uses the right version of
>> libjack, but I am not sure if this is the solution or how to do it.
>
> Having multiple versions of jack installed is a very bad idea. One
> possible way to solve this would be to remove all files and links
> starting with /usr/lib/libjack* and /usr/local/lib/libjack* and
> re-install JACK from source. If that breaks existing packaged JACK
> clients you may have to check what libjack soname they link to (using
> ldd) and create links for that soname pointing to the actual library
> files.

that sounds quite bad. The only app that seems to have problems is XMMS.
Not sure if it is worth, i get away by using audacious, it does not work
the same but what you suggest does not sound very nice. i will think
about it...

thanks for the help!

enrike