m-audio audiophile usb solution

Andreas Steinmetz
[please cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed]

It doesn't seem there is much interest in having jackd supporting the
m-audio audiophile usb. My posting from August 22nd with a working
solution seems to be more or less ignored.

Nevertheless, especially for the folks owning this device I placed the
patch in the patch section so that there is at least some way for people
to make their hardware work with jackd.

For those in need of the patch that find this message in a mailing list
archive here's a pointer where you can find the patch (against jack
0.100.0):

Andreas Steinmetz                       SPAMmers use [hidden email]

Re: m-audio audiophile usb solution

Jack O'Quin-2
Andreas Steinmetz <[hidden email]> writes:

> [please cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed]
>
> It doesn't seem there is much interest in having jackd supporting the
> m-audio audiophile usb. My posting from August 22nd with a working
> solution seems to be more or less ignored.

Not a lack of interest, but a lack of time or access to this device.

A number of patches have been submitted lately.  I have not had time
to test or integrate any of them.  In about a month I'll start doing
that again (unless someone else already has).

> Nevertheless, especially for the folks owning this device I placed the
> patch in the patch section so that there is at least some way for people
> to make their hardware work with jackd.

Since I don't have this device, I would like to see a user report or
two from someone else who does, to confirm that it also works for
them.

> For those in need of the patch that find this message in a mailing list
> archive here's a pointer where you can find the patch (against jack
> 0.100.0):
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=39687&atid=425939

Good idea posting the patch on SF.  I would encourage others to follow
your example and store submitted patches there.  That way they won't
get lost.

Thanks for contributing to JACK...
--
  joq