[ot] alsa-dev?

Martin Stepanek

hello all,

sort of off-topic-problem, but related:

i-m on ubuntu and want to build jack. problem is, it always builds without
alsa support. the linked message below advices me to install "alsa-dev".
but a search on packages.debian.org gives no result for a package with that
name. even googled for it and looked all over www.alsa-project.org without
success.

does it have another name?

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8892967

thanks in advance,
  martin

Re: [ot] alsa-dev?

Florian Paul Schmidt-2
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:41:16 +0200 (CEST)
Martin Stepanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello all,
>
> sort of off-topic-problem, but related:
>
> i-m on ubuntu and want to build jack. problem is, it always builds without
> alsa support. the linked message below advices me to install "alsa-dev".
> but a search on packages.debian.org gives no result for a package with that
> name. even googled for it and looked all over www.alsa-project.org without
> success.
>
> does it have another name?

in debian unstable it's