programs segfault on startup when jackd in realtime mode

programs segfault on startup when jackd in realtime mode

Quazgaa
hello, i have a problem running jackd in realtime mode.  If I start
jack with something like 'jackd -R -dalsa' and then try to run a
program like jack-rack or ardour, the program segfaults on startup
like such:

$ jackd -R -dalsa &
jackd 0.100.1
[...]
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
[1] 9043
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
nperiods = 2 for capture
nperiods = 2 for playback

$ jack-rack
Segmentation fault
subgraph starting at jack_rack_9057 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=7,
status = 0, state = Running)
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1.231 msecs

$ ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.9beta29
[...]
subgraph starting at ardour timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=7, status = 0,
state = Running)
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1.426 msecs
Segmentation fault

This happens for any program using jack.  However, if I run jackd in
non-realtime mode everything works fine.  jack is latest cvs checkout,
jack-rack recompiled after rebuilding jack just in case.  There is not
an older version of jack or jack-rack or anything else still installed
anywhere.  My system is x86_64 linux 2.6.12.3 alsa 1.0.9.  Pure 64-bit
linux system (not a distribution).  I use the realtime-lsm module and
load it with 'modprobe realtime gid=<gid>' where <gid> is the audio
group my user belongs to.  I configured jack with

./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-optimize
--enable-resize --enable-timestamps --enable-preemption-check
--enable-stripped-jackd --enable-sse --with-default-tmpdir=/dev/shm

Anyone with any ideas please email me.