same jack version with different protocols

same jack version with different protocols

david64
Hello

I have a win7_64 and an OS X 10.9.2 both are running the same version (jackdmp 1.9.10). I start the server on the mac and the client on the win and server says slave is running with a different protocol 8 != 7.

Could you help what is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Drivers/internals found in : C:\Windows
Drivers/internals found in : C:\Windows
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
InitTime : multimedia timer resolution set to 1 milliseconds
MMCSS API not used...
NetDriver started in sync mode without Master's transport sync.
Waiting for a master...

Davids-MacBook-Pro:~ daweed$ jack_load netmanager
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2013 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
Separated input = 'Built-in Microphone'
Separated output = 'Built-in Output'
Input channel = 0 ==> JACK input port = 0
Input channel = 1 ==> JACK input port = 1
JACK output port = 0 ==> output channel = 0
JACK output port = 1 ==> output channel = 1
CoreAudio driver is running...
Starting Jack NetManager
Listening on '225.3.19.154:19000'
netmanager is running.
client name = netmanager
Davids-MacBook-Pro:~ daweed$ Error : slave 'EliteBook8440p' is running with a different protocol 8 != 7

Re: same jack version with different protocols

mupeg
I am having this same issue and it is driving me bat sh*t. Here is a little more info I have gathered if it helps to solve this protocol incompatibility:

I am running the build Jack_v1.9.10_32_setup.exe on a windows 7 box as a slave.
A version call from the command line on the slave:

C:\Program Files\Jack>jackd -V
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Drivers/internals found in : C:\Windows\system32
Drivers/internals found in : C:\Windows\system32
jackdmp version 1.9.10 tmpdir server protocol 8

I am running the master on an Ubuntu 14 box. The version call on the master yields:

user@machine:~$ jackd -V
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2013 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
jackdmp version 1.9.10 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 8
mupeg@lasehost:~$

When I try to connect the master and slave in this configuration with the command "jack_load netmanager" I get a similar protocol mismatch response from the master of:

Error : slave 'MachineName' is running with a different protocol 8 != 7

I have also tried connecting this master to a slave running on a Linux Mint build and they are able to connect but with the following message seemingly indicating that they are both on Protocol 7 despite the info given in the version request:

New NetMaster started
**************** Network parameters ****************
Name : MachineName
Protocol revision : 7
MTU : 1500
Master name : MachineName
Slave name : MachineName
ID : 1
Transport Sync : no
Send channels (audio - midi) : 2 - 0
Return channels (audio - midi) : 2 - 0
Sample rate : 44100 frames per second
Period size : 1024 frames per period
Network latency : 5 cycles
SampleEncoder : Float
Slave mode : async

Is it possible that although jackdmp is the same version on all machines (1.9.10) there is a version difference between a dependancy like the netmanager?

Re: same jack version with different protocols

simon
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue with netmanager, could you solve it?