transport state always zero

Bob van Loosen
Hi all,

I compiled simple_client.c to try it out but it's not working,
"jack_transport_query(client, NULL);" always returns zero.
If I disable "if (ts == JackTransportRolling)" it works just fine.

I'm using jackd version 0.103.0 on Ubuntu gutsy.

Bob.

Re: transport state always zero

Paul Davis
On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 21:18 +0100, Bob van Loosen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I compiled simple_client.c to try it out but it's not working,
> "jack_transport_query(client, NULL);" always returns zero.
> If I disable "if (ts == JackTransportRolling)" it works just fine.
>
> I'm using jackd version 0.103.0 on Ubuntu gutsy.

to be honest, i was a little disappointed that someone hacked
simple_client to be transport state aware. that should have been a
different example client - clients do NOT need to be transport aware.

so, your "hack" is actually perfectly fine.

Paul Davis wrote:
On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 21:18 +0100, Bob van Loosen wrote:

Hi all,

I compiled simple_client.c to try it out but it's not working,
"jack_transport_query(client, NULL);" always returns zero.
If I disable "if (ts == JackTransportRolling)" it works just fine.

I'm using jackd version 0.103.0 on Ubuntu gutsy.

to be honest, i was a little disappointed that someone hacked
simple_client to be transport state aware. that should have been a
different example client - clients do NOT need to be transport aware.

so, your "hack" is actually perfectly fine.

I just realized I should have pressed the play button in qjackctl.
It was also explained in the comments, but who reads those? :P
I also just sent this message to the wrong adress, must be one of those days.

Btw, this is what I was working on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa63wkzWsGs